NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST WILL BE GOVERNED BY ENGLISH LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE. BY SUBMITTING YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND CONFIRMING THAT YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO ENTER.
The competition is open to any CBRE Group employee working in the Americas, Asia, EMEA, or the Pacific. By participating, entrants agree to these Official Rules and decisions of the CBRE and/or its independent judging agency are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited, or restricted by law. Subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
2. CONTEST TIMING:
The Contest begins and therefore the period for submission of entries into the Contest begins on 15 September 2017 at 12:00:00 pm Greenwich Mean Time ("GMT") plus 1 hour (i.e. British Summer Time) ”) and ends 30 November 2017 at 11:59:59 pm “GMT” (the “Contest Period”). The Sponsor's computer is the official timekeeping device for the Contest. All entries must be received by the Sponsor no later than the end of the Contest Period. Any entries received after the Contest Period ends will be automatically disqualified.
3. CONTEST ASSIGNMENT:
The Contest invites the entrant to submit original photos capturing what the entrant considers to be the essence of “The Connected City,” at any time of day, be it poignant, inspiring, quirky or amusing (the “Photo” or “Photos”).
4. TO ENTER
All entries must be submitted via uploading to the competition website [www.cbreemployeephotographer.com]
. Each entrant may submit one Photo that represents one hour of the day, up to a total of twenty-four (24) photos (each representing a different hour of the day) per person for the entire Contest Period.
Photo Guidelines (failure to meet these guidelines will result in entries being discounted and entries will not be judged):
• Photos must be in .jpg format;
• Photos must at least 300 dpi;
• Photos must be saved in RGB/SRGB colour;
• Photos must be between 1MB and 8MB in size; and
• The Photo cannot have previously won any promotion or competition of any kind.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES (WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE LICENCE SET OUT BELOW) THAT HIS/HER PHOTO MAY BE POSTED (IN THE CBRE’S SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION) ON THE WEBSITE.
• The Photo must comply with these Official Rules;
• In its sole and absolute discretion, CBRE may reject any Photo that i) includes material or subject matter that is inappropriate, obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, disparaging, unlawful, offensive, false or misleading, ii) depicts or promotes the consumption of alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs, or the use of firearms or weapons, or iii) includes personally identifying information ("PII") of any kind (this includes an image of an identifiable person), other than in circumstances where the entrant has obtained explicit consent from the individual to whom the PII relates. If the entrant cannot provide evidence that the individual has given such consent, the entry / Photo may be discounted;
• The Photo must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, trademark rights, image rights or that constitutes copyright infringement OR which otherwise is in violation of any applicable law which the Entrant is subject to in his/her jurisdiction;
• Entrants agree to not post, e-mail or otherwise submit anything that knowingly contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
CBRE reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to remove any Entry and disqualify you from the Contest if it believes that the Entry fails to conform to the above Photo Guidelines and/or Content Restrictions or any restrictions set forth in the Official Rules or if you provide false information in entering the Contest, or if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Contest.
Receipt of Entry will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by CBRE. CBRE does not accept responsibility for any entries including for equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to their Photos: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Photo; (b) the Photo is entrant’s own creation and is 100% original; (c) publication of the Photo will not breach any rights of any third parties; and (d) Photos are in accordance with these Official Rules. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless CBRE and Releases (as defined in Section 7 below) from any claims to the contrary.
By entering, you acknowledge that CBRE has no obligation to use or post any Photo you submit.
By submitting a Photo, entrant grants CBRE and its agents, affiliates and subsidiaries a perpetual, unlimited worldwide royalty free license (including the right to sub license), for the maximum legal term of the Photo's copyright protection, with full title guarantee and right to post, publish, and otherwise make use of, entrant’s first name, last initial, address (city/state/country), likeness or picture, biographical information, Photo description(s) and any Photo submitted in publication and/or on the internet, for advertising and/ or promotional use in any media in connection with and/or related to the Contest or a similar competition run by the CBRE or any of its group companies without notice or compensation of any kind. For this purpose the entrant undertakes to conclude and sign all the agreements and documents considered to be necessary in order for the license to be valid and effective
Entrant agrees that all applicable taxes, fees and other levies on any prize are solely the winner’s responsibility.
At no stage of this competition, or subsequent to it, shall CBRE, lay any claim whatsoever to the ownership of copyright or other intellectual property rights in the images entered into the competition. Where images are used, other than in the usage agreement in the conditions of entry, CBRE will print a credit to the photographer. Entrants shall indemnify CBRE, its employees, contractors and agents and keep them indemnified against all losses, costs, claims, demands, damages and expenses (each whether direct or indirect) arising from any claim that any materials or information they submit infringe the rights of any third party. By entering, entrants agree to their images to be held on CBRE databases and used in conjunction with the promotion of the competition.
4. NUMBER OF ENTRIES PER ENTRANT
Each individual may submit up to 24 images (one for each hour of the day). All images entered will be considered for the ultimate prize of their region’s Employee Urban Photographer of the Year, regardless of the hour they are entered for.
5. THE JUDGING
Judges appointed by CBRE will shortlist the employee entries. The shortlisted entries will then be open to employee voting from all CBRE employees within the region.
All the judges are appointed by CBRE who reserve the right to change any judge without prior notice. The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence will be entered into by competition entrants. Any entrant seeking to communicate directly with a judge on any matter whatsoever concerning the competition will be disqualified from the competition.
6. THE PRIZES
CBRE is providing winners prizes in each region for the Employee Urban Photographer of the Year. As such they reserve the right to change any of the prizes for items of similar value, at their own discretion and without notice, should the circumstances require them to do so. Any changes will be notified by a posting on the website.
The prizes are non-transferable and cash alternatives will not be offered or given. In accepting any of the prizes offered in this competition, the winners acknowledge that CBRE will not be held liable for any loss, damages or injury associated with accepting or using the prizes.
7. NOTIFICATION OF THE WINNERS
All the winners will be notified via email in March 2018. Winners will be announced on the site and via an internal email communication once all the winners have been notified.
Winners and runners up agree to have their images and names published in CBRE publications and on our website, and are happy to appear in any PR surrounding the competition.
By entering the competition, all entrants agree to their name and email details being used for communications from CBRE about current and future Urban Photographer of the Year competitions. CBRE accepts no liability for the content of any emails sent by any other party. Entrant’s details will not be communicated or sold to any other third party unrelated to UPOTY by CBRE.
9. DISCLAIMERS AND LIABILITY
This competition is void where prohibited by law. Entrants are responsible for confirming the legality of their participation in this competition.
In no event will CBRE, its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and related companies, or its officers, directors, employees, shareholders, representatives or agents be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special or punitive damages arising out of any entrant’s participation in this competition or access to and use of the competition website. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, everything on the competition website is provided "as is", without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose or use or non-infringement.
8. HOLD HARMLESS AND RELEASE:
Hold Harmless. To the maximum extent permitted by law, entrants and winners agree that CBRE and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (individually and collectively “Releasees”) will have no liability whatsoever for, and are released and shall be held harmless by entrants and winners against, any liability, for i) any losses or damage or violation of intellectual property or personal rights (such as but not limited to, copyright, trade name/trademark, and/or rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) and ii) any losses, damage, or injury arising out of or related to the use of the prize or entry in this Contest.
• ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE ARE NOT EDITED BY CBRE AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF CBRE IN ANY MANNER.
• Any waiver or non-use of any rights hereunder by CBRE does not constitute a general waiver of any other CBRE rights.
• Releases are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, or non-received Photos or e-mail, for any reason whatsoever.
• Any Persons who engage in unlawful activities in connection with the operation of the Contest, as solely determined by the CBRE, will be disqualified.
• Any entrant not complying with the conditions of participation or with the remaining requirements and conditions of the present terms and conditions may be eliminated/disqualified from the competition.
• Neither CBRE nor its agencies are responsible for injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of the Website.
• Should any portion of the Contest be, in CBRE’s sole opinion, compromised by technical or other failures, CBRE reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest, and select the prize winner from Photos received prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by CBRE.
• In case of dispute, the authorized account subscriber of the e-mail account used to enter the Contest at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant, and must comply with these Official Rules.
If any provision(s) of these Terms and Conditions (or any part thereof) are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions (or any part thereof) hereof will remain in full force and effect.
10. USE OF DATA:
By entering the Contest you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by the CBRE or its agents and suppliers to administer this Contest.
By entering the Contest you also agree that CBRE may use your personal data to contact you in future if CBRE or its group companies are running a similar contest in the future.
11. CHOICE OF LAW AND JURISDICTION:
A. Choice of Law. These Official Rules and the Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
B. Jurisdiction. The courts of England shall have the non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute that may arise out of, under, or in connection with the Contest, these Official Rules, or the legal relationship established by them.
12. CHANGES TO THE OFFICIAL RULES:
CBRE reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel or amend the Contest where it becomes necessary to do so.
200 Park Ave.
New York, NY 10166
CBRE reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of these Official Rules. Due to its policy of updating and improving these Official Rules, CBRE may wish to change these Official Rules. If an entrant uses this Website or chooses to participate in this Contest after CBRE has published or notified entrant of the changes, entrants are agreeing now to be bound by those changes. If an entrant does not agree to be bound by those changes, an entrant should not use the Website or participate in the Contest